7/01/2011

Super Saver!

 Recently, I have been trying to be a super saver using coupons and paying attention to the deals when I shop.  I even went as far to attend a Savy Shopper seminar one evening to learn the tricks to the trade.  Well let's just say that it has taken awhile, meaning skepticism, but I think I a true believer now.

I recently went to CVS and Walgreens this week to try out these tips.  I looked over the coupons that I have been saving that I cut from the Sunday paper and then at the current ads for both stores.  It did take some prep time, I wanted to make sure I was ready to go with what I was going to buy and the coupons I was going to use at each store, but man was it a success.  Also, let me preface this by telling you that I did not buy any perishable items or food; just normal day to day items that we use that I could store easily in the cabinet.

I started out at CVS and ended up buying Shampoo, Make-up, Razors, etc.  I spent a total of $50 and saved $30 and gained $10 in extra bucks to use next trip.  I had a coupon for a "buy one, get one" that I used on top of a "buy one, get one half off" sale and ended up getting two 8 packs of razors for $7, saving $15.  Success!!!

Then I headed to Walgreens, now I have heard that savings are harder to come by, but I found the opposite.  I ended up spending $40, and saving $30.  The best deal I found here was a "buy one, get one" sale on Oral B toothbrushes and combined with a "buy one, get one" coupon I had I ended up getting both for FREE!

Now you might think to yourself well, $90 is a ton to spend on those items in one sitting, I totally agree. Overall when you take a look at the stock I collected and how much I saved, I will not have to spend a dime on those toiletry items for several months and I basically got them half off.

The biggest thing that I have learned is not to buy when I need something, but to buy when I can get it at a great price; you save so much money in the long run.  This is defiantly a new adventure for me and a work in progress, but hey to save $70 the first go round is pretty exhilarating!

Savings are an Essential Design for sure....why wouldn’t anyone want to save $$$$!

Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment


My photo
Live Strong, No Regrets! All my essential designs shine through every facet of me!